Inficon Pte ltd-Singapore ( Head Quarter - Switzerland, Manufacturing facility - USA, urore, Asia, Sales & Service Support-Singapore)
2020Combopro & 2020PPB Pro
VOC Emissions surveys in REFINERY Units
Necessity Of Hydrocarbon Leak Detection/Measurement of Fugitive Emissions in Refinery
Process Units :
Fugitive Emissions are one of the largest sources of refinery hydrocarbon emissions. Fugitive emissions are the emissions to the atmosphere resulting from leaking piping sources and equipment such as valves, flanges, pump seals, connections, compressors seals, open lines and pressure relief valves. In general these emissions ar not visually observable, but can be measured in relatively low PPM concentrations at each source. Although the emissions of one single source might seem small, a large number of these leaking sources might result into a significant emission. The acknowledgement aspect have created awareness that industries should work on their monitoring programs.
Details On leak detection and repair program (LDAR)
A Leak detection and repair (LDAR) program consist of using of using a portable VOC detecting instrument to detect leaks during regularly scheduled inspections of valves, flanges and pump seals. Leaks are then repaired immediately or are scheduled for repair as quickly as possible. A LDAR program could reduce fugitive emissions 40 to 64% depending on the frequency of inspections. Usually a quarterly and annual monitoring survey is recommended/conducted in refineries to derive a detailed repair/leak arresting program. After the instrumental measurement of leaks, emission from the component are calculated using stratified emission factors and VOC emission quantification are given in kg/hr.
Fugitive emissions source inventory is a basic requirement to allow complete emission calculation.
Possible Industrial Source types are:
• Compressors Seals,
• Pump Seals,
• Other Seals,
• Open end,
• Pressure Relief Valves,
• Control Valves,
Instrument Used to Carry out survey
• A portable Hydrocarbon Analyzer-PID Monitor (Photovac Make 2020PRO now known as Inficon-Singapore) is used as per specifications mentioned in EPA 21
• The instrument used is classified intrinsically safe for working in hazardous areas inside the refinery
• Safety Certification : Intrinsically safe class I, Division I, Groups A,B,C & D ATEX Certified.
Scope Of Work Includes
• To conduct monitoring of the VOC/Hydrocarbon emission in refinery units as per OSID-224 guidelines and EPA-21 Methods.
• Leak identified points are tagged with emission PPM level for attending the leak.
After repair, again the survey is carried out to confirm whether the emission has reduced.
• A report is generated with details on all the VOC leak detection and non-leak detection points surveyed unit wise (In soft and hard copy)
Advantages of working with Labindia's Nano Bio Process Divison
• Having practical experience of working with industries like Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited, Reliance Industries Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited and Others.
• We work fully independent without assistance of site employs.
• We have already monitored more than 5,00,000 sources.
• Co-Ordination wit maintenance department for getting the tag repaired.
• After initially working with NEERI (National Environmental Engineering Research Institute) they have also recommended our VOC emission services to clients like MRPL,LUPIN and Anacon Laboratories Pvt.Ltd