Ravenfield BS/C+ HTHS Tapered Plug Viscometer
The Ravenfield® by CANNON® HTHS BS/C+ Viscometer is a compact, high precision, tapered plug viscometer that measures the high temperature, high shear viscosity of engine lubricants and other oils according to ASTM D4741, CEC L-36-A-90 and IP 370 as specified by SAE J300 and ACEA. The BS/C+ HTHS Tapered Plug Viscometer also correlates to ASTM D4683 with no bias and is capable of testing across a wide range of temperatures and shear rates.
TESC - Thermoelectric Sample Conditioner System
For Low Temperature Viscosity of Lubricants
Automated ASTM D2983
The compact, economical TESC (thermoelectric sample conditioner) system integrates and automates the entire ASTM D2983 conditioning and testing process for low temperature viscosity of gear oils and ATF.
CONSTANT TEMPERATURE -CT BATH
The CANNON CT-1000 Constant Temperature Bath maintains the accurate control required by ASTM D 445 for kinematic viscosity measurements with glass capillary viscometers. Within the range of 20 to 100°C temperature is controlled to 0.01°C; above 100°C temperature is controlled to 0.03°C. The bath chamber is a cylindrical clear Pyrex® vessel 300 mm (12 inches) in diameter x 300 mm (12 inches) high. A stainless steel baffle is located in the center of the bath to provide a good background for viewing viscometers. Two fluorescent lamps illuminate the interior of the bath brightly and uniformly, without glare. Two heating elements inside the bath rapidly heat the bath medium to any temperature within the bath range. A stainless steel cooling coil is also incorporated. When connected to tap water or a recirculating water chiller, the cooling coil allows operation at temperatures slightly above or below ambient.
DVR 1000 Series Digital Vacuum Regulators
The CANNON DVR 1000 Series Digital Vacuum Regulators are designed for precise measurement and control of vacuum at 300 mm Hg below atmospheric pressure. Unlike other vacuum regulators, the solid-state DVR-1000 and DVR-1500 models use no mercury
• Solid-State Components -Contains No Mercury
• Preset for Vacuum Viscometry per ASTM D 2171
• Horizontal or Vertical Configuration
• Convenient Keypad Controls
CCS-2100 Automatic Cold-Cranking Simulator
CANNON Thermoelectrically-Cooled Cold-Cranking Simulators measure the apparent viscosity of oils at temperatures from -35°C to -5°C within a viscosity range of 900 mPa.s to 25,000 mPa.s. The CCS-2100 combines automatic sample loading, computer-controlled operation, and solvent-free cleaning to permit completely unattended operation. The CCS-2100 will automatically test up to 30 samples at one time, calculate their viscosities, and record the results. The CCS-2100 meets all the requirements of ASTM D 5293 and SAE J300
CMRV-5000 Mini-Rotary Viscometer / CMRV-4000 Mini-Rotary Viscometer
The CANNON CMRV-5000 Mini-Rotary Viscometer is designed to measure yield stress and viscosity of drive line lubricants and new and used automotive engine oils over a temperature range of -5°C to -40°C, meeting ASTM D 4684, D 3829, D 6821 and D 6896 requirements. The CMRV instrument determines pumping viscosity in accordance with the latest SAE J300 specifications.
• Self-Contained Air-Cooled Unit - Thermoelectric Temperature Control
• Measures Yield Stress and Viscosity for Drive Line Lubricants and Engine Oils
• Meets Latest SAE J300 Specifications for Low-Temperature Pump-ability
• High-Performance Rotors with Carbon Fibre
• Shafts in Five Removable Cells for Easy Cleaning
HTHS : High-Temperature High-Shear Viscometers
The CANNON® High-Temperature High-Shear Capillary Viscometer (HTHS Series II) is designed to determine the viscosity of engine oils and other oils under conditions of high shear at high temperatures. The HTHS is capable of testing at 1.4 x 106s-1 at 150°C and meets all precision specifications of ASTM D 5481 and SAE J300. The Series II design incorporates simple one-button operation - just load samples, set pressure, and press the Start button. If desired, variable shear rates (± 30 percent of the shear rate specified in ASTM D 5481) may be obtained by altering the test pressure (variable from 75 to 500 psi). The viscosity range of 2-7 mPa.s can be extended to more than 20 mPa.s with custom configuration
CANNON CAV® 2000 Series Automatic Viscometers
The CANNON 2000 Series automatic viscometers are benchtop versions of the original CANNON Automatic Viscometer (CAV), the world's leading automatic viscometer for nearly 30 years, used by most major companies in the petroleum industry. 2000 Series instruments are now available in two models. The CAV-2100® features a single-bath modular construction with two viscometers per bath. The CAV-2200® features a dual-bath modular construction with a single viscometer in each bath. Most other specifications are identical for both models.
• Modular Bench top Unit (Small Footprint)
• Variable Temperature Selection from 20°C to 100°C (150°C with High-Temperature Option)
• Viscosity Range of 0.5 to 5000 cSt*
• ASTM D 445 Precision
• Powerful VISCPRO® forWindows® 98, 2000, NT, and XP® software
• CE Marked for Safe, Reliable Performance
CAV 4.2 Dual-Bath Kinematic Viscometer
The CANNON® CAV® 4.2 is an automated, high throughput, dual-bath viscometer for ASTM D445. The CAV® 4.2 combines CANNON® quality and reliability with modern design and unique features to enhance lab productivity, reduce costs, and improve data quality
• Temperature range: 20 °C to 100 °C (15 °C to 150°C with available options)
• Viscosity range: 0.5 mm2/s to 10,000 mm2/s in 100-fold increments
• Dual, independent modular baths provide easy maintenance access and simultaneous testing at two different temperatures
• Two independent, fully-accessible sample handlers ensure reliable, unattended processing of up to 24 tests per hour
miniAV - Series
The miniAV® from CANNON Instrument Company offers every laboratory an exciting new tool for convenient and highly accurate kinematic viscosity (Kin Vis) measurement. Occupying roughly the same footprint as a tabletop rotational viscometer, the miniAV® automates the time-consuming sample measurement and viscometer tube wash/dry procedures associated with the ASTM D 445 method, freeing the laboratory technician for other duties.
• Automatic glass capillary polymer viscosity analysis between 0.3 to 20,000 cSt*
• Compatible with most solvents used for polymer work
• Unique AIRBATH® technology - ultrastable thermostatic air chamber
• Temperatures from 20 to 100°C (135°C with High Temperature Option)
• VISCPRO® Windows® software calculates relative
• Viscosity, inherent viscosity, reduced viscosity, and intrinsic viscosity
• May also be used for other viscosity applications
The miniPV® from CANNON Instrument Company is an essential
tool for the measurement of polymer solution viscosities. Its accuracy and convenience are based on the masterful design of temperature control, fluid handling, sensor technology, and automation. Complete control of the instrument is provided through VISCPRO II software (for Windows® 98/NT®/XP®)
• Designed to Meet the Unique Needs of Users in the Polymer Industry
• Calculation of Relative, Inherent, Reduced and Intrinsic Viscosity
• 0.3 to 5,000 centistokes range (special ranges available on request)
• Superb Temperature Control from 20 to 100°C (±0.01°C)
• Accurate Flow Times ( to 0.01 seconds)
• Thermistor Sensors
• Compatible with Most Solvents used for Polymer Characterization
Glass Capillary Viscometers
• The Cannon-Fenske Routine viscometer is a rugged and inexpensive viscometer that works well if the liquid to be measured is transparent or translucent
• The Ubbelohde viscometer and other suspended level viscometers are also used to measure transparent liquids. Unlike the Cannon-Fenske Routine viscometer, suspended level viscometers possess the same viscometer constant at all temperatures.
• Special reverse flow viscometers have been designed for testing opaque liquids. Reverse flow viscometers wet the timing section of the viscometer capillary only during the actual measurement. The Cannon-Fenske Opaque, Zeitfuchs Cross-Arm, and BS/IP/RF U-Tube viscometers are all reverse flow types
• When liquids are too viscous to flow readily under gravity, vacuum viscometers may be used to measure viscosity (in mPa.s or cP). In these instruments a vacuum is applied to one end of the viscometer to pull the liquid through the capillary into the timing bulb(s). CANNON offers several types of vacuum viscometers, including the Cannon-Manning Vacuum, the Asphalt Institute Vacuum, and the Modified Koppers Vacuum.
REQUEST A QUOTE