Unlike other measurement techniques, the electrical sensing zone method can size samples that have assorted optical properties, densities, colors, and shapes. The Elzone II can determine the size, number, concentration, and mass of innumerable organic and inorganic materials.
• Sizes and counts both organic and inorganic materials from 0.4 to 266 μm
• Different conductive liquids can be used without needing to enter an extensive set of liquid properties
• Does not require previous knowledge of material properties (density, refractive index)
• Automated features include: start-up, run, and shut-down routines; blockage detection and clearing; flushing/rinsing; and calibration
• A CCD camera provides real-time video display of the aperture to assure a clear path through the detection zone